Children with renal problems do need specialised care which a paediatric nephrologist will provide. The department of Pediatric Nephrology at Ankura Children’s Hospital is dedicated to provide specialized care for neonates and children with renal diseases. We offer round the clock services.
pediatric nephrologists work closely with a number of other specialties like pediatric urology, pediatric psychology, nutrition, to provide a multidisciplinary approach to the care of children with kidney disease.
Pediatric nephrologists also do counseling for pregnant mother with fetus having renal anomalies and postnatal management of babies born with such anomalies.
Diagnostic workup and Treatment offered for various kidney problems like:
- Urinary tract infections
- Kidney stones/renal calculi
- Blood and protein in urine (proteinuria / hematuria)
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Nephritic Syndrome (glomerulonephritis , HSP nephritis, Lupus nephritis)
- Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
- Hypertension (High Bp in children)
- Hydronephrosis (swelling in kidneys) and reflux (VUR)
- Renal tubular disorders
- Fluid and electrolyte problems
- Polycystic kidney diseases
- Kidney failure – acute and chronic
- Congenital Kidney anomalies
- antenatal counseling & Postnatal management of prenatal kidney anomalies
Diagnostic and treatment modalities:
- Diagnostic Laboratory studies – blood and urine tests
- Kidney Biopsies
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Nutritional therapy